Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am thankful for...

November 11. 2010

Welcome- Blocks
LBQ- What are you thankful for? I just love to hear all the things kids are thankful for. Sometimes it reminds us to be thankful for the simple things in life!
Pledge/ Weather/ Calendar
Song- I Am Thankful(to tune of Frere Jacques)
I am thankful. I am thankful.
Yes I am! Yes I am!
I'm thankful for my family,
And the friends who love me.
Yes I am! Yes I am!
Book- A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting. This cute book finds Mr.Turkey afraid to come to dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Moose. It is Thanksgiving, and he knows that usually he is on the table, not at it. In this story though he finds new friends and many new things to be thankful for!
Activity- We colored and cut out feather shapes on paper. On each of these feathers I asked them to tell me something they were thankful for. After we colored and cut, we glued them over string so we can wear them as 'Thankful Necklaces'. This might be a fun thing to wear at Thanksgiving dinner along with their Pilgrim hat/bonnet! Just some ideas, again great Kodak moments here!!
Snack
Fundamentals-
Review ABC's- letter recognition and sound
#'s 1-20- Counting all and then focusing on the # for the month
AAB pattern
Triangle
Tt- Sing and sign and go over Tt picture cards
#4 -Postcard trace the number 4 and the word four with a crayon and then put four stickers on the index card. We then point to the word four and the number 4 and count the stickers together.
Playtime!
Sorry my camera batteries died and I was unable to get anymore pictures that day.

No comments: