Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Transportation...Beep, Beep!


September 15, 2011

Welcome- Play dough
LBQ- Am and Pm classes: Have you ever been on a train? Boat? Airplane? What is your favorite?
Pledge/ Weather/ Calendar
Song- Old MacDonald Had A Car
Old MacDonald had a car. E-I-E-I-O. And on this car there was a horn. E-I-E-I-O.
With a beep, beep here. And a beep, beep there.
Here a beep, there a beep. Everywhere a beep, beep.
Old MacDonald had a car. E-I-E-I-O.
(other verses)
wheel(or tire)-spin, spin
steering wheel-turn, turn
window-up down, up down
motor- vroom, vroom
wipers-swish, swish

Book- On The Go by Rozane Lanczak Williams. A fun story to introduce many ways that we may get from one place to another. We may go on a plane, bus, bike, or even on roller skates. Transportation is very important and it allows us to go far away, or maybe just around the corner. 
Activity- Transportation Game
We had a variety of pictures with modes of transportation on them. I read a clue about each one and then each child went up and picked the picture card that matched that.
Some examples:
1. Which one is used for flying in space?
2. Which one travels?
3. Which one carries fruits and vegetables from the farm to the city?
4. Which one travels on the ocean?
5. Which one carries people across the snow?
6. Which one has little wheels that people wear on their feet?
7. Which one travels on tracks?
Snack-
Fundamentals-
ABC's focus on reviewing Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, Ee, and the new letter Ff.
Counting 1-20 and focus on the #3. We all took turns tracing and writing the #3 on the whiteboard and on the #3 worksheet which we then did at the table.
Square song-review what a square is and sang our song!
Ff- sing and sign and picture cards
Ff- letter craft FEATHERS!

Playtime!




































No comments: