September 22, 2011
Welcome-Puzzles
LBQ- Am&Pm classes: Wheel Riddles
1) There are wheels all around us, wherever we are. You're riding on wheels when you ride in a__(car).
2) When I put on my skates, I just laugh like a clown. I have fun and I hardly ever fall____(down).
3) I love Ferris wheels, and I guess you know why. A Ferris wheel lifts you way up in the___(sky).
4) My big brother says, "There is one think I like, and that is to ride all around on my_____(bike).
5) Can you ride a tricycle? Well , I think, maybe. You rode in a stroller when you were a_____(baby).
6) And now the rhyme is finished, and I think you know; you'll go on seeing wheels, wherever you____(go).
Pledge/ Weather/ Calendar
Song- With instruments(to tune of "Row, Row, Row, Your Boat")
Drive, drive, drive, your car gently down the street.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, life is such a treat!
Book- Wheels Around by Shelley Rotner. A great book showing us all about the different kinds of wheels all around us. Some are large, and some are small. Wheels can take us places we need to go, or deliver our mail or food. Wheels are very important to all of us every day!
Activity- How Many Wheels?
In this activity we counted, cut, and glued the correct amount of wheels to match the wheels in the picture.
Snack
Fundamentals-
ABC's- review Dd, Ee, Ff with picture cards, placing the correct picture card with the starting letter sound.
Reviewed a square, AAB pattern, and the colors red and white.
Counting 1-20 and focused on the #3
We played Is It 3? on the whiteboard all together and then completed the Is It 3? worksheet.
Playtime!



































No comments:
Post a Comment