August 23rd
Welcome: Puzzles
(Campbell brought some tadpoles to show the morning class! They had a lot of fun watching them swim around.)
LBQ
AM - What is your favorite movie? Thomas the Train, Spiderman, Barbie, Cinderella...
PM - What is your favorite food? Mac and Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, pizza...
Pledge/Weather/Calendar
Introduce Manners: We talked about FIVE magic phrases. 1) Please 2) Thank You 3) Your Welcome 4) Excuse Me 5) I'm sorry. For each phrase we learned the ASL sign and a song that went with it.
Tune of "If You're Happy & You Know It"
When I need a little help I say please.
When I need a little help I say please.
I can see it makes you happy when I say it so politely.
Yes, good manners mean to always say please.
When my mother gives me something I say thank you.
When my mother gives me something I say thank you.
I can see it makes you happy when I say it so politely.
Yes, good manners mean to always say thank you.
When my friend says thank you I say your welcome.
When my friend says thank you I say your welcome.
I can see it makes you happy when I say it so politely.
Yes, good manners mean to always say your welcome.
If I bump into someone I say excuse me.
If I need to interrupt I say excuse me.I can see it makes you happy when I say it so politely.Yes, good manners mean to always say excuse me.
If I spill my drink at lunch I say I'm sorry.
If I break my brother's toy I say I'm sorry.
I can see it makes you happy when I say it so politely.
Yes, good manners mean to always say I'm sorry.
Book: I Won't Share! by Hans Wilhelm
Snack!
Activity: Pink and Blue book. The children cut out the pages and put them in order for their book. We ran out of time to color it, so we'll finish on another day.
Playtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment