November 1st
Welcome: Tracing Pages. The children practiced tracing lines, letters, and numbers in their daily folders.
LBQ: "In November, I enjoy..." This month our calendar numbers have sentence starters on them, so the children choose a number and we finish the sentence. A lot of the kids said, "In November I enjoy eating Halloween candy!" :) I thought that was cute. They weren't quite over the Halloween buzz!
Pledge/Weather/Calendar
Song: Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
Introduce Fundamentals
Brown and Yellow: We found each color somewhere in the room.
Rectangle: Poem
Two sides short and two sides long
That makes this shape very strong!
I'm a rectangle! That's my name.
All the sides are not the same.
AABB: We each practiced making AABB patters with the color bears.
5: We played "Follow the Leader" Each child took turns wearing the #5 and choosing an action, then we all counted to 5 while we repeated the action.
Book: Big Moon Tortilla by Joy Cowley. This is a book about a little girl who has a big disaster while enjoying the smell of her grandma's "big moon" tortillas. After we read the story we enjoyed delicious tortillas ourselves!
Snack!
Review colors, numbers, shapes, abc's
The morning class had time to play ABC Freeze. We danced and when the music stopped we found a letter and said it's name and sound.
Playtime!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment