Monday, November 14, 2011

Where is Turkey?

November 8th

Welcome: Begin Pilgrim Book

LBQ: AM - "Three things I would like to do for others are..."  A lot of kids said they would play with others or fish with others.  I think they might have confused, do 'for' and do 'with'. :)
PM - "If I were in charge of a park..." They would watch the kids and make sure no one pushes and some would play all the time!

Pledge/Weather/Calendar

Song: We reviewed  Thank You (tune of twinkle twinkle little star) from last week. 

Book: A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman. This funny story had all the kids' attention.  The turkeys all got smart for Thanksgiving and the townspeople were threatened with eating shredded wheat!

Activity: Finish Pilgrim Book.  The children cut and began coloring a book about the first Thanksgiving.  We read it together and talked about things we can be thankful for.

Snack!

Game: Turkey Strut.  The children walked around acting like a turkey while music played, when the music stopped they all had to see how fast they could find a turkey foot to stand on!

Introduce Jj: Sign/Song/Coloring page/Worksheet.

Playtime!


















No comments: